Michael D. Cross Jr.
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Partnership and LLC Law
- Franchise Law
- Employment Law
- Restrictive Covenants
- Commercial Real Estate
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Election Law
Michael D. Cross, Jr. has worked with Briskin, Cross & Sanford, LLC since May 1999. Michael's practice focuses on matters involving business law, including general corporate transactions, mergers & acquisitions, partnership and LLC law, and franchise law; employment law, including executive employment agreements, employment manuals, sales, distributor, and independent contractor agreements, and employment litigation; commercial real estate, including commercial lease preparation and negotiation, sales, acquisitions, and construction; and non-profit organizations, including the formation of and application for tax-exempt status for charitable organizations, private foundations, and trade associations.
Michael received his law degree from Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia and received his LL.M. in Taxation with honors from the University of Alabama School of Law. He received his B.A. in Political Science from Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana. Michael is admitted to practice in the States of Georgia and Indiana. He also belongs to various professional associations, including the Georgia Bar Association and the Indiana State Bar Association.
Michael also is a frequent writer and speaker. He has lectured at scores of continuing legal education seminars, primarily focusing upon LLCs, partnership taxation, various matters pertaining to the operation of LLCs and corporations, and ethics. Michael has been a co-author of the materials provided at each seminar. From January 2001 until October 2011, Michael served as an adjunct professor of business law, ethics, media law, entrepreneurial law and organizational leadership for graduate and undergraduate courses at Reinhardt University. He has been a guest speaker at Emory University School of Law for various courses and seminars. He also has been a featured speaker regarding various business concerns at events sponsored by other groups as well, including chambers of commerce and insurance and financial planning organizations.
Michael has served on a variety of boards, advisory boards and steering committees, including the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, the Alpharetta Public Safety Foundation, Inc., and many others. He currently serves as a trustee of the City of Alpharetta's pension plans and is a Certified Retirement Plan FiduciaryTM.
Michael and his family live in Alpharetta Georgia.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- LL.M. - 2007
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 2000
- Anderson University, Anderson, Indiana
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Political Science
Classes & Seminars
- Limited Liability Companies, National Business Institute, 2009 to 2009
- Taxation of LLCs and LLPs, National Business Institute, 2008 to 2008
- Limited Liability Companies, National Business Institute, 2008 to 2008
- Trends and Developments in LLCs, National Business Institute, 2007 to 2007
- Your Guide to Georgia LLCs, National Business Institute, 2007 to 2007
- Is an LLC Right for You?, National Business Institute, November 2006
- Advanced LLCs and LLPs, NBI's Institute for Paralegal Education, April 2005
- The Georgia Paralegal's Role in Corporate Maintenance, NBI's Institute for Paralegal Education, September 2004
- The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business, Reinhardt College, 2001 to 2001
- Ethics, Values and the Law, Reinhardt College, 2008 to 2008
- Media Law, Reinhardt College, 2002 to 2004
- Buy/Sell Agreements, CLUTC, New York Life Insurance Company, 2002 to 2005